The owner or user with administration rights can manage account users on the Manage Users sub-tab of the Administration tab.
This tab displays a list of users with their emails, assigned class, generated PGP keys, admin rights and SFTP adjustments.
Adding a user
If you would like to add a new user to Quatrix account, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Add user icon from the top menu on the Manage users sub-tab.
- Specify your user details and additional adjustments on the Add user dialog box:
- user name and email
- quota - unlimited by default (=account storage), you can specify the storage limit for this user
- language - English or Chinese
- user class - Pro, Associate or Jailed. Learn more about user roles and their permissions
- administrator rights - only to pro users
- billing - permission to manage invoices and payments (only to pro and associate users)
- SFTP - permission to use SFTP
- active - activate or deactivate the user. Deactivated users won't be able to log in.
- Click on the Save button.
For additional security, you can adjust a security PIN for the user to enter while registering to Quatrix.
Adding multiple users at once
In order to save your time for manual adding of multiple users (e.g. 50 or 100), you can use our Import users from CSV file feature. It allows to automatically add your users from previously generated CSV file.
Follow the steps below to add multiple users:
- Click on the Import users button from the top menu on the Manage users sub-tab.
- Prepare CSV file that contains the following fields:
- Click on the Next button, choose your CSV file and click on the Import.
As soon as the import is completed, your users will be automatically added to the account.
Emails already stored in Quatrix won't be imported. If the format is not corresponding, the import won't be allowed until it is corrected.
SFTP can't be adjusted while importing. It can be adjusted while editing one or multiple users.
A CSV file would be rejected if it contains more records than available licences.
Editing a user
To change user details or update permissions:
- Select the check box next to the user you would like to edit and click on the Edit icon from the top or right-click menu.
Change user details in the Edit user dialog box.
Click the Save button.
You get the notification that the user's profile has successfully been edited.
Possible user update cases:
- if you would like to set the limit for user storage, specify the quota amount.
- user class update allows you to control account access permissions e.g. you can update pro user to jailed user that limits the access to only Projects shared with me folder.
- grant administrative or billing rights if you would like your user to cover account administration or invoice payment.
- enable or disable SFTP.
- activate or deactivate the user - make your account unavailable to access.
- switch the language of the user: from English to Chinese or vice versa.
Deleting a user
To delete a user select the check box next to the user you would like to remove, click on the Delete icon from the top menu and confirm the deletion. The deleted user won't be able to access their Quatrix account.
If you tick the Delete Home Folder check box while confirming the deletion, all files of the selected user will be deleted. If not, their home folder will stay in the file system and you will be able to access it.
Converting a contact to a user
If you shared files with someone whose email wasn't used in Quatrix account, this email is automatically written to My Contacts list. You can easily convert your contact (either My or Site) to Pro user by selecting the contact and clicking on the Convert icon on the menu or selecting an appropriate menu option from the right-click menu.
It will soon be released a new version of Quatrix allowing to choose a user class during the conversion.
The conversion of users to contacts is not possible.