The Automation Module allows you to enable no code automated workflows between Quatrix and major cloud services / internal applications.
You can easily automate external file workflows such as transferring, copying or syncing files from your Quatrix account to any remote site or vice versa by creating external automation rules that will run with your specified file filters and on the desired schedule.
Our step-by-step guide below will help you set up automations depending on the workflow.
Add remote sites
Quatrix requires information about your remote sites that should be specified prior to the creation of automation on Remote Sites tab.
- Go to Automations → External Workflows→ Remote Sites.
- Click on the Plus icon (or Add remote site button if no sites were added) and fill in required fields:
- Enter the name of your remote account.
- Specify the type of the remote site:
S3 (cloud storage provider);
Microsoft Azure blob storage;
- Fill in the required fields depending on the selected type.
Activate by ticking the check box and save the settings.
You can test your connection to the remote site by selecting the desired one from the list and clicking on the Test connection icon from the top menu.
The list of your saved remote sites will be displayed on the Remote Sites tab where you can easily manage them.
Set up your workflow
Follow the steps below to add a rule for automating your desired workflow.
- Go to Automations and open External workflows sub-tab.
- Navigate to the Remote Sites, click on the Plus icon to add remote sites (see Add remote sites section above). Skip this step if you have already created a required remote site connection.
- Click on the Plus sign on the External workflows sub-tab to add an automation. This opens the form for adding your desired automatic rule.
- Enter the automation name.
- Select the workflow.
- Move files - allows you to move files to/from Quatrix and any remote site keeping the same file structure.
- Sync files - you can keep folders on source and destination synced.
- Copy files - enables copying desired files form the source location to the destination skipping already coped files.
- Specify the source by selecting the remote site from the list.
- Choose the folder from where you are going to transfer files.
- Filter your files for the transfer:
- Include specific files that match certain patterns - allows you set the pattern that the files should include to be transferred.
- Delete empty source folders - tick if you want to delete empty folders from the source after file movement.
- Set filters by file size or age - e.g specify the minimum size if you don't want to transfer any file smaller than this size.
- Specify the destination by selecting an appropriate remote site.
- Type the remote folder path - enter the path which shows where you want to paste your transferred files.
- Keep source folder structure including empty folders - this option allows you to preserve the same folder structure.
- Schedule your workflow - set the time when your automation will run.
- Pick the start date.
- Tick Activate and save the rule.
As soon as the rule is created, it will be added to the list on the External Workflows tab.
You can activate your automation rule manually - for a non-scheduled one action performance - by selecting an appropriate rule and clicking on the Run now button.
Supported storage providers
- S3 Connectors
- Azure Blob Storage
- GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
Storage providers are being added all the time. Let us know if what you need is not supported.